Balisong knife kit consists of below-mentioned parts
- Adjustable Latch
- Bearing washers
- Sex Bolt or
- Tang Pins
To install the parts together you would need basic tools like
- Hexa key
- Thread Lock – high strength
Basic steps involved in assembling the balisong knife kit
- Inserting the pins
- Instaling the blade
- Fixing the spring latch
- Adjust tension and threshold
1. Inserting the pins
Pins should be inserted into the blades in the first place
To insert the pin, use C clamp, and the hammer.
Use the cloth to place over the blade as it will be sharp and it might hurt you while hammering.
Once both the pin are insured properly, remove the c clamp from the table.
2. Instaling the blade
This step in import to do immediately after putting the pins on to the blade.
Installing the blade is a bit difficult part
Kindly be informed that the safety handle will not have the lock-in.
Follow these steps:
- First, screw the bottom part of the handle
- Place 1 ball bearing ring over it
- Next place the
- Place another ball bearing ring on top of the
- Now place the Balisong knives handle
Now adjust the tension of the knife
3. Fixing the spring latch
Latch the first end of the spring to the spring lock
Place the other end of the spring over the spacer in the handle
Using the hexa key tight it up
Now lock the spring lock using the screw provided in the kit.
Now the spring lock is good to go.
4. Adjust tension and threshold of your knife
I hope now you have installed all the parts of the blade together
Now its time to adjust the tension of the blades for your preference
Remove the screws of the bladed (2nd step) using a hexa key.
After removing the screw, put a little glue on the screws and tighten it for your preference
Do that to all the screws in the blade.
Congratulations you have your Balisong knife ready.
I hope this helped, if there is any confusion on the step mentioned above, please refer to the video posted below.
- Puukko knife – A Nondiscrimination male and female version knife
- What Wikipedia Can’t Tell You About OTF Automatic Knife
- Kukri or Khukuri: A History of Gurkha made Indian subcontinent Knife
- Odachi or Nodachi: History of Traditionally made Japanese Samurai Sword
- The Complete Beginner’s Intro to Kershaw & Top 6 Kershaw Knives – 2019